Monday 27 February 2012

Nails Inc A Listers Collection swatches

This is the last of the Nails Inc posts, until I place another order that is :D

This is the A Listers collection; 4 pretty neutral polishes, but by no means ordinary! This set includes Ledbury Road, Lower Sloane Street, Covent Garden Ballet and Mayfair.





Ledbury Road, Lower Sloane Street, Covent Garden Ballet and Mayfair




Ledbury Road is a metallic taupe. As with a good amount of metallics, this is opaque in one coat, however it did have very visible brush strokes that I just couldn't seem to even out. I should have tried a second coat to see if I could smooth it out but I didn't. It may have just been my application - by these swatches I'd got into the habit of get it on - get it off. I should have taken my time a bit more really.





Lower Sloane Street is a neutral toffee shade. I was seriously doubting that this would look good on me - these kind of colours never do, but I was suprised when I found it suited! I really thought this was going to be that kind of colour that would only suit someone with yellow undertones, but it matched me pretty well and I have very strong pink tones. Nails Inc did a great job in neutralising this so that it can be worn by anyone regardless of skin colour or tone! In terms of opacity it was opaque in one thicker coat, otherwise two normal coats.





Covent Garden Ballet is a light stone grey with a bronzey-pink iridescence to it. This was opaque in two coats. I was expecting this to suit pinker tones better because of the irridescence, but it's not too noticable on the nail so should comfortably suit yellower tones too.





The last of this quad of polishes is Mayfair. It's a slightly off-white with white shimmer. Suprisingly, this was opaque in just two coats. There are very very slight brush strokes left in this, but you really have to be looking for them to notice them at all. I think this one is my favourite. It's white but not so white that it looks odd, if you know what I mean... The shimmer makes it more interesting too!





Overall I think this quad of polishes are fantastic - they're nude but not standard boring nude, and they're pretty neutral in terms of undertone so can comfortably suit everyone. Available from Nails Inc for £25.

No comments:

Post a Comment